Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Creative Retreat at Lake Diane


My dear friend, Gloria, invited me to her cottage last weekend for a creative retreat. It was so wonderful! That's Gloria on the left, with my sweet Mom on the right.


Lake Diane is about an hour and a half southwest of where I live, a lovely country drive through dairy farms and fields and inland lakes.


That's Gloria's lakeside getaway. Isn't it beautiful? We even took a sunset cruise on the lake.



Gloria's dog, Lucy, is a four year old AussieDoodle. So cute! She kept us herded all weekend long! :)



The food was wonderful, and the fellowship was priceless!


After a full week of teaching four-year olds at our church's vacation bible school, this weekend getaway was sorely needed. While many of my friends brought along their stamps and papers to make cards, I decided to take this break to brush up on my watercoloring. It was easy to pack...paints, brushes, a journal and a pad of Canson mixed media paper.

I painted this scene, a view from the back of the cottage, using Prima watercolor confections and a Sharpie to outline and frame.

I have a few more watercolors from the weekend to show you later this week.

Do you have any vacation plans this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment