Friday, June 29, 2018

MFT Color Challenge #96: Soda Pop


Good morning, cafe friends!

I made a birthday card for my nephew, Joe, today. I used the colors from the MFT color challenge to make this fun Soda Pop card!


I used the same Ziploc bag background technique I told you about yesterday. So today, I thought I'd show you how its done!


Here's what you need. Watercolors, brushes, Ziploc baggie, mini mister, and card stock.


You can begin by misting the ziploc bag, then with a wet brush, apply paint to baggie. You can mist again if you like.



Next, smoosh card stock directly onto the painted baggie, pressing firmly.


Lift and behold! Watercolor background!


I like to heat set front and back, flattening as I go, as wet card stock has a tendency to curl.


Next, I took a wet brush dipped in paint and did a little flicking over the card stock for a spotty effect,


Easy peasy!


{Today's Brew: Soda Pop stamps and dies (MFT), angled dies (MFT), Gansai Tambi watercolors, PTI card stock, MFT papers, enamel dots}

Thanks for visiting the cafe today! Blessings on your Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment