Thursday, June 28, 2018

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #31: Flowers, Floral and Foliage


Hello, cafe friends!

I made a card for the new Lawn Fawnatics challenge: flowers, floral and foliage! I love all three!

I decided to focus on the foliage for this card, as I really needed to make a card for my son, John's upcoming birthday!

If John had a spirit animal (and if we believed in such silliness!) it would be a sloth! He once had a wallpaper on his computer that featured a sloth with the slogan "Live slow, die whenever". So appropriate!

I couldn't wait to make him a birthday card featuring the Lawn Fawn sloth!


I used featured three different LF stamp sets for this card...Hang In There, Flutter By, Bannertastic.


I created this emboss resist background with   a new technique I saw on Pinterest. Take a large Ziploc baggie, spread watercolor paints on top, mist with a little water, and then press the card stock directly on to the baggie, smooshing it into the paper. Peel back, and voila! Watercolor background!


Here's the inside sentiment.


{Today's Brew: Hang in There stamps and dies (Lawn Fawn), Bannertastic stamps and die (LF), Flutter By leaves (LF), Versamark and white embossing powder, Prima watercolor, Prisma markers}

Thanks for visiting the cafe today!

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I love that amazing background! Such a fun birthday card! I'm so happy you shared with us at Lawn Fawnatics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Foliage background for that adorable slouth!!!
    LOVE your card!!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Lawnfawnatics Challenge! /Karin

    ReplyDelete