Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Cutting Garden


If I have a sunny spot in my garden, I like to plant flowers that will be good for cutting bouquets. For just a few dollars and a couple packages of seeds, I can plant some easy growers like zinnias and cosmos.


I would plant sunflower varieties, too, but the squirrels and rabbits seem to love those too much.


I save salsa jars, syrup jars, and jam jars and use these as vases. Tie a ribbon around them, and you have an adorable bouquet to give as a gift.

I've already gifted two bouquets this week!

I should have plenty of flowers in the coming weeks, too. The butterflies, bumblebees and goldfinch get first dibs, of course. But they don't seem to mind sharing.




Blessings, cafe friends!

1 comment:

  1. Mary Rose, thank you so much for your sweet visit and comment on my card! I appreciate it so much and I am so glad I found your blog! Your flowers are gorgeous and I so wished I lived closer so I could admire your beautiful garden!

    ReplyDelete