Friday, November 30, 2018

Winter Coffee Lovers Blog Hop and Lawn Fawnatics challenge #41!


Hooray! It's time for the Coffee Lovers Blog Hop!

My first card is also crafted for the Lawn Fawnatics challenge to make a shaped card. I had this idea brewing in my head, and was so pleased that it actually turned out as planned.

I wanted to make a snow globe card, minus the snow globe dies. Not a shaker card, because frankly those can really intimidate me. Just something simple, using the circle and square dies I own and incorporating fun images.

Without further ado, here it is!


I bought this snowman set and dies from Lawn Fawn YEARS ago. And honestly, I think this is the first time I've used it. Seriously?! Why did I wait so long?

I used the wood grain papers and rectangle die to create the base. When paired with the snowy backdrop paper (Lawn Fawn) and the glittery snowy hillside, I think it gives a nice snow globe effect.


{Today's Brew: Making Frosty Friends (Lawn Fawn), Love You A Latte (Lawn Fawn), stitched snowflake die, stitched hillside die, stitched circle and rectangle dies, Lawn Fawn papers}


And in case you were wondering, I did create a back for this card, attaching with a small fold and then covering that up with pretty paper.


Thanks for visiting the cafe today!

21 comments:

  1. This is such a great card idea and so well done! I love it to bits! Happy hopping, Autumn (SewPaperPaint)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really clever design and what a darling snowman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHat a great idea, creating this snow globe shaped card. You just gave me a great idea to try it myself! Thanks for sharing it with us at Lawn Fawnatics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love shaped cards and snowmen and coffee and this is sooooo CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! This is perfect! What a fun design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! this is so beautiful! the snowglobe shaped card is just perfection! LOVE it! thank you so much for playing along with the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The look of a shaker without really being one. This is a fantastic snowglobe design.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the shaped card and it is soooo cute and adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute in the snow globe shape! Maura

    ReplyDelete
  10. SO very adorable!! love that sweet snowman and your cool shaped card! I have so many awesome things that I have not used yet. There is just not enough time!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This snowglobe card is so fun! im inspired to make one myself! thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. so very adorable snow globe card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a darling idea. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really caught my eye in a sea of beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I’m just afraid the snow man will melt if he drinks this! Wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute, cute, cute snowglobe! :) Thanks for hopping with us! :)

    ReplyDelete