Thursday, November 29, 2018

Something Old, Something New Outside The Cottage


We changed things up for the outdoor decorations at the cottage this year. Last year, the landscaping was just planted and not filled it yet, so I plopped some deer out front and called it good enough.

Now that the landscaping has filled in, we decided to move the deer to the back side yard, where they are visible from the main street as well as the side street. It looks like the deer are coming out of the woods...just like the real ones!



In the front, I decided to make the front window a feature by adding two battery operated pre-lit swags. I also found battery operated candles for all the windows. The best part is that everything is on a timer!



The swags, however, were decorated with pinecones and berries. And the pre-lit garlands I bought last year were plain. No problem! I went to Joann's and bought some berry/pinecone clusters and added them in!




It's a little more simple and understated this year, which I think fits the looks of the cottage anyway.


The outside is finished, but the inside is still a work in progress. This week, I put away the last of the autumn decor, cleaned and dusted everything, and then started to pull out the greenery. The tree will go up this weekend, and the nativities will come out just in time for Advent.

It's not easy running around the house with a crutch and an injured knee. I'm calling this my Tiny Tim Christmas. ;)

God Bless Us, Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment