Saturday, December 29, 2018

Craft Room-Inspired


Hello, cafe friends!

I've been having some post-holiday fun in the craft room this week. After cleaning and sorting, it was time to get busy creating.


This card was inspired by my clean craft room! I used the same color combination of orange, lime green and turquoise on this card that you will see in my space.

This stamp set from Concord and 9th is so much fun! You can get as simple or as detailed as you like. Dies or no dies, shadow stamps or detail stamps. It's really versatile!

And here's the room that started it all:


When the room looks this clean, it's time to take photos of it...for posterity. LOL!


On the wall opposite the counter, there are three tall IKEA shelves and cabinets.  In the middle cabinet, there was a big empty space. This is where I have the turquoise and green file boxes.


I never really knew what to put in there, so I used to throw in 6 x 6 paper pads. It wasn't a very practical system.

But then I had a great idea this week. Why not use those to sort out all of the scraps of card stock? And so that's what I did! I went through all my scraps, threw away the useless stuff, and sorted everything else by color. Blues, greens, browns and neutrals, reds and pinks, purples, yellows and oranges, white and ivory, and patterned paper pieces.


I've been using this system for a few days, and already it is working so well! When I'm starting a project, I can reach in and grab what I need easily. And when I'm cleaning up, I can put scraps away in an instant.


This spot used to have piles of papers.


And this spot used to have piles of papers, too!


This spot was usually full of dirty stamps waiting to be cleaned, as well as papers.


And this spot usually had papers covered in a fine layer of powder and glitter.


Sometimes, I even managed to stash a few papers up there!


Don't you love that poster? It was a gift from the Subaru dealer this summer. Looks just like Jemma!


Basement craft studios may not be ideal for everyone, but I am loving this one! I like to have the mess tucked away from the usual day to day areas of the house. This room gives me plenty of space to spread out, and the colors make me happy.

Blessings, cafe friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment