Friday, December 28, 2018

Playing With Nuvo Drops


I've been intrigued with Nuvo drops for a while, and finally found a shop that carries them. I bought a few bottles to experiment, and thus far I can say I really like them!


I added a few to this card front, and I think it really gives the card that extra something special.

These are similar to enamel dots, only you can control the size. Also, they are self-leveling, unlike Stickles. You won't end up with the curlicue at the top of each drop. Smooth!


This is also my first time playing with this Concord and 9th stamp set. I love the painterly quality that the shadow stamps can give.

And here's where I found the Nuvo drops! Stampeddler Plus in downtown Northville, Michigan! I've been to the shop once before, probably five years ago. I have been meaning to visit, but never got around to it. So we decided to combine a shop visit with a trip to the Cheesecake Factory (yum!).


Nuvo Drops on display on the right!


This shop is housed in an old church, which makes for a really cool setting.





Love that sentiment above!
 


Love the snow angels card! Cute idea!


Didn't need a ton...just a few bottles of Nuvo drops and some rhinestone sticky stars. But aren't craft stores inspiring?

Talked with the owners about how this industry has evolved over the years. Not many brick and mortar stores left. They told me they don't hold seminars or classes anymore because everyone stays home watching youtube videos. That's too bad. I always enjoy the camaraderie of a room full of crafters. That's one reason I always look forward to the craft retreats. Just a little over a month until the next one!

Do you have any good craft stores near you?

1 comment:

  1. aw, you inspired me to open up my new 4 Nuvo drops bottles and dress up a card or two yesterday! I found them at Impress in Seattle late October. The Tukwila store looks similar to the spot your featured today. It was so fun to see all the various products in person instead of online.

    ReplyDelete