Wednesday, February 20, 2019

A Week Without Coffee


I did something crazy last week.

I decided to go on a coffee fast.

A week without coffee.

Not just switching from caffeine to decaff. NO caff. Period. Just water. I felt like I'd been drinking too much lately, and it was disturbing my energy and sleep patterns.

The week went something like this:

Day 1: splitting headache
Day 2: lingering headache and fatigue
Day 3: exhaustion
Day 4: deep sadness
Day 5: Waving the white flag of surrender and having a cup of decaff
Day 6: Another decaff
Day 7: Wondering why I thought it was a good idea to give up coffee
Day 8: Giving up crazy coffee fast ideas and having a mid day cup of joe.

It was a noble experiment, and it did help me to cut back quite a bit. Now, I start my day with a cup of warm water steeped with a quarter of a lemon. And then, mid day, I have the real deal.

Here's something I learned: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. But I can do them much better with coffee. 😊😊😊

It is winter, the days are long and grey, and I do not need anything to make me sad.


Here's a card that just makes me happy!


{Today's Brew: Flourish stamp set (Concord and 9th), Little Lift Me Ups stamp set (PTI), PTI ink and card stock, PTI paper, enamel dots}


Hope your days are filled with happy!

2 comments:

  1. Great endeavor! I'm addicted but only to a morning 16 oz Americano with a tiny bit of cream. The card is fabulous! Why haven't I ordered Flourish yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your sense of humor! I have just one cup of coffee in the morning, and I really look forward to it. I admire your effort to cut back. I'm sure if I tried, it would go no better than it did for you.

    ReplyDelete