Thursday, March 21, 2019

Mud Season (and a quickie question)


It is officially Mud Season here in Michigan...that lovely time of year between winter's thaw and spring's warmth. Mud season has us wiping muddy paws, making promises to take care of the lawn this year, and asking neighbors where to buy straw to cover it all up.

Time for some good boots!

I love my LL Bean Boots for fall and winter, but I think I may need to get a decent pair of Muck Boots for spring and summer.

This pair of boots from Taylored Expressions is so cute! The sunny yellow would brighten even the gloomiest of spring days.


{Today's Brew: stamps from Taylored Expressions, Flower and leaf die (TE), scalloped frame dies (Lawn Fawn), papers (Lawn Fawn), PTI card stock}


So I've been blogging (pretty exclusively) about nothing but paper crafting for the last several months, and I feel like I've lost my blogging mojo. I kind of miss blogging about all the other life stuff, and I'm wondering if any readers out there are missing it, too.

Here's my question:

Do you like a blog that's solely one purpose( paper crafting), or do you like a blog that's a little bit of everything? Let me know.

Or be honest...do you think blogging is waning and more people just want to see Instagram and Youtube videos? I've only done a video once, and I'm not sure if y'all could stand my Michigander accent! My husband calls it "Fargo-lite"! LOL!

Thanks, cafe friends!

5 comments:

  1. I love your card....my boots are black and although they have polka dots on them, a nice yellow pair would do nicely to cheer up my feet because it is definitely a dreary day today!
    I hope that blogging is not on the wane, I love to blog and read blogs! I mostly read blogs about stamping but since I share about my family, I love reading about others' as well! I hope you don't give it up altogether! My upline says I should do a video, but I don't feel confident enough to do that either! I bet you'll do fine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card, so springy with the yellow, floral button and pretty floral paper. I have a renewed interest in reading blogs, I felt like Instagram wasn't adding color behind the quick posts, so I have enjoyed taking a renewed look at blogs and adding some new ones to my bloglovin feed.

    I enjoy reading mostly about cards, but with some other life stuff mixed in. I love seeing home projects, what you are up to, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, we know rain boots here in Oregon and mine have green/yellow dots for UO, of course! When I first found your blog from a PTI hop, I fell in love with your writing skills and enjoyed the mix. Maybe you should do what your energy allows you to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading blogs. Words fascinate me and Instagram doesn't cut it. I get restless watching videos and my mind wanders. I love your mix of crafting and gardening and life stuff. Why? Well, you write well; I am an introvert and it allows me to feel like I "know" someone; I have gotten great tips from you (like Capture Carpet Cleaner!); your joy in the simple things of life resonates with me (I seriously feel like I born in the wrong era, given what I enjoy and what I don't own).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still enjoy blogs. I go to see the card creations, but the little extras--family life, home decor, local scenery, keep me coming back. I've missed that, so I'd love to have you go back to including it in your blog.

    ReplyDelete