Friday, May 24, 2019

A Really Good Book


I've been reading a really good book lately.

Oh yeah. I should probably mention. It's the Good Book. You may have heard of the author. ;)


This past winter, I decided that I needed a smaller, more compact and portable Bible. I wanted something that I can slip in my purse or bag and take with me on the road. I needed to be able to take it with me on airplanes, in coffee shops, to the track meet.


I did a little looking online and found this one. I had to go in to a Lifeway store to buy it (kind of sad to hear about their demise). As soon as I put it in my hands I knew...this was the one. It has such a lovely cover, and the linen-like binding was beautiful.

Just to give you a comparison, here's my study Bible, weighing in at around 3-5 pounds, depending on the cover and how many church bulletins I have shoved in it. It was cumbersome. Mind you, a good study Bible is great to have, but maybe not as portable.


I had a pastor who once had this to say about study Bibles: You have to be careful. On the top is God's Word, on the bottom is man's word. Which word should you be reading? Okay, both perhaps. But which one has the last word?


I was worried that the print might be too small for my old eyes, so I bought this magnifier that tucks in. Honestly, I don't need it that often.

I'm reading this Bible a little differently, too. I'm not underlining or stopping to check a verse or translation. I'm not highlighting for future reference. I'm just reading, for the awesomeness of the word alone. And something about this little Bible has me reaching for it more often. I think "Just a few minutes of reading" and then an hour goes by.

Today, I decided to make a card that was inspired by my new Bible.



I used the MFT stamp set Fall Florals, combined with the PTI Inspired By Grace stamps and die.


{Today's Brew: MFT Fall Florals, PTI Inspired By Grace, PTI inks, PTI card stock and paper, button twine, enamel dots}


I finished the new testament yesterday. I hate to spoil the ending, but it's too good not to share. Jesus wins!


"He who testifies to these things says 'Surely I am coming soon.' Amen. Come, Lord Jesus! The grace of the Lord Jesus be with you all. Amen."  Revelation 22:20-21

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, meaningful card! I need one of those magnifiers...going on my list of things to buy.

    ReplyDelete