Thursday, July 18, 2019

Craft Break Continues


Have you ever heard of muscle memory? It's the idea that our muscles remember how to do certain tasks, and that over time that task becomes easier and we do it without even thinking.

Well let me tell you, it's been a long time since I've stitched, and my hand muscles totally forgot what to do when I pulled this stitching project out this week. It honestly hurt! My joints and knuckles were screaming "We remember this, and we don't like it!"

But I am persevering in the hopes it will get better and maybe even help my hands with dexterity issues.


 
Back in January, I decided to choose the word "gratitude" for the year...just an exercise in thankfulness. I figured that word would pop up everywhere over the year, as it usually happens for me. But nope. A totally different word kept coming to me at all angles. I think the two are connected, but I need to think on it some more before I comment on it.

I hope that I'm living with daily gratitude, but sometimes in my cushy life, I'm sure I take much for granted. My family, my health, my home, our church, our community, our country.

It's going to be over 95 degrees this weekend. Ugh! Time to stay indoors and be thankful for air conditioning. We never had AC growing up when I was a kid, and our bedrooms were all upstairs. It was so hard to sleep on those hot and sweaty summer nights! And do you recall non-air conditioned churches? Stifling! I used to take the church bulletin, fold it into a fan, and try to cool down with that.


Thankfully, it's never too hot for coffee. And when it is, iced coffee is a lovely alternative!

Atti-brewed of gratitude, my friends!

Blessings on your summer day!

No comments:

Post a Comment