Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Sentiment or no sentiment?


Sometimes, I add sentiments to the card front right after I've made it. And other times, if the card looks like it could be used for multiple occasions, I will leave off the sentiment and add it another day.

This stamp set is my first from The Ton. I got it from a buy/sell forum for cheap, and thought it'd make some great cards for the guys in my life.


Those mountains! I love them! 

The stamps were obviously brand new, and not conditioned. Sometimes, with new stamps that have a lot of solid surface, you have to clean and condition them either with a rubber eraser or some multiple stamping with Versamark. I forgot about this, and instead cleaned and rubbed my thumb over them. Well, as you can see, the ink is still having a hard time adhering. But you know what? I kinda liked the look for these mountains, so I went with it. Happy accidents, like Bob Ross used to say!


Normally I stink with blending. But I love how this sky turned out! I made a mask with some scrap paper, laid it over the mountains, and began with the lightest ink (Soft Stone), then worked my way up to the top (Spring Rain, Blueberry).

{Today's Brew: Mountains stamp set (The Ton), PTI inks and card stock}

Has anyone ordered the new Taylored Expressions blending brushes? They are on my wish list! I will order as soon as they come back in stock. For now, I'm using my cosmetic blending brushes from Walmart, and they work just fine.

Day two of my Girl Break! I think an iced latte is in my future.

Blessings, cafe friends!

1 comment:

  1. I love the mountains, and your ink blended sky is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete