Friday, July 5, 2019

The Game of LIFE


My son, John, is probably the most competitive member of our family. From the time he was just a wee boy, he loved games...and winning. Monopoly, Guess Who, Uno, checkers, chess...it didn't matter. John was in it to win it.

And he still likes games today! He plays board games with his friends, and he's introduced our family to a few new ones, too.

So I had this idea for John's birthday card floating around in my head for a while. I saw something very similar from Neat and Tangled, but I didn't know about getting the stamp set because it kind of felt limited in usage.

That's when I thought of using the Bold and Brushy alphabet stamps from Concord and 9th. The upper case letter set even has the rectangle stamp that I used in this card! First, I stamped the letters in Fresh Snow ink, and then embossed them in white embossing powder. After that, I stamped the colored shape over each letter. Emboss resist!  The only problem...I forgot to wipe excess ink off the letters, and it got a little smudgy. No worries! I created a smudgy and splattery background over everything, and it worked just fine.


I used the Bold and Brushy lower case letters to spell "winning" inside.

{Today's Brew: Bold and Brushy stamps (Concord and 9th), other sentiments from Concord and 9th, PTI ink, enamel dots, Label Maker, stitched frame die (Lawn Fawn)}


John is definitely winning in this game of life. Two years after graduation, he had paid off all of his student loans. And now, four years after graduation, he is buying his first house in Indiana. And not a little starter house, either. It's a lovely house, twice the size of what we'd raised our first two boys in for ten years. We will help him move in next month, and we're so excited for him.

What's next up for John? Starting his own company before the age of thirty? It could happen! The future is bright and filled with blessings.

We love you, John!

No comments:

Post a Comment