Saturday, July 13, 2019

Vintage Treasures


I am a vintage treasure hunter. Occasionally, I pop in to places like Goodwill, garage sales, or local antique shops just to see if something catches my eye. I'm always editing my collection, hence the garage sale last month! But usually, I have to really like a thing a lot to bring it home.

Today, I found this Royal Copely bird figurine for $3 at Goodwill. Score! I can't pass up birds...or pretty brown transferware. I got that sweet little bowl at Butter Barn last month.


This little dog was too cute. He's my rescue dog.


Who could resist that face?


When my mother-in-law was sorting through her storage unit, she donated this cake pan for the garage sale. I was so excited! It matches the vintage Corningware pieces that I found in Illinois!


She also donated this lovely aqua Pyrex, which is a hot collectible right now. Those pieces didn't make it to the garage sale, but I did compensate her with garage sale profits!


Now I have a shelf devoted to my small collection of Pyrex and Corningware. It's so fun to look at when I open the cupboard!


Finally, I also found this little pheasant at Goodwill for $2. He had to come home with me, too. I have a weakness for birds! I know he will look awesome mixed in with autumn decor.


Honestly, some of these figurines would be exactly like something you'd find in a Pottery Barn or Ballard catalog for a LOT more money. I know that some people (cough cough...my husband!) think of these things as tchockes. And they are. But I feel a few well placed items can really make a house feel homey. I like to switch decor up and rotate things based on seasons.

Just a few fun things acquired from my summer hunting season.

Blessings on your weekend, cafe friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment