Thursday, November 14, 2019

Easy (And Affordable!) Holiday Centerpiece


I love the look of birch candles! I have two in my home. Just two, because they can be pricey.

I am trying to assemble holiday decor on a budget for a ladies' Advent Cafe at our church next month. I am hoping to go for the look of Caribou Coffees at Christmas time. Woodsy and outdoors, with evergreens, wood, and red and black lumberjack plaid.

I had a thought. Birch candles would be a great centerpiece for all the tables! Only problem: I'd need about ten centerpieces for ten tables, and there's no way I could afford that many candles.

And then I had another thought. Couldn't I make a knockoff birch candle?

I searched everywhere for birch wallpaper with no luck. Sure, Amazon had some, but it was pricey. And then I stumbled upon this four pack of heavy duty wrapping paper at Walmart for 4.99. YES! Score!


It's very natural looking, too!


And on the back are grid marks, which makes it so easy for cutting.


I needed straight drinking glasses, and found them at Target. Twelve pack for 9.99. Deal!


I decided to go with the flameless LED votives. I think this 12 pack was $7 at Walmart.


I measured the glasses, wrapped the paper, and taped in place. Then, I pulled out some ribbon from my stash and some holiday boxwood greenery from the Target dollar spot. Voila! Instant festive centerpiece!


For just a little over $20, I will have a pretty centerpiece for all of the tables at the event. Not bad!

I plan on buying more of the birch wrapping paper to use in so many other ways...paper crafting, home decor, endless possibilities!

Thanks for visiting the cafe today!

4 comments:

  1. This is a great idea! I love the way they turned out! M.L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty centerpieces! A few years ago Pier 1 sold birch wrapping paper and I bought a roll. Good job, Mary Rose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! Festive and seasonal...good score on the wrapping paper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! You are a genius at affordable decorating. I love your thrifty ideas!

    ReplyDelete