Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Hospital Prayers


One of our loved ones has been in the hospital for the past week. It is a hard, humbling experience. You want to make the right decisions on care, both short term and long term.

Sometimes, you just feel so helpless. What can I do?

Well, I can hold my loved one's hand and I can pray. And that should be my first defense, right? In the constant chaos of doctors and nurses and procedures, I can be still in the moment and pour out my heart to God.

And you know what one of the first things I prayed? It was a prayer of Thanksgiving. I am so thankful that we made the decision to move closer to family three years ago. This is why we made the move, to be present when our loved ones need us.

You know what really warmed my heart? When I held her hand and she turned to the nurse and said "The one who is holding my hand will take care of me."

We continue to pray that God will allow us to do just that, making the day to day decisions in the full knowledge that He has us in His precious and tender care.

No comments:

Post a Comment