Monday, February 24, 2020

A Busy Weekend

Hello, cafe friends!  How was your weekend? Ours was busy! The weather was lovely...sunshine and temps in the mid 50s!

On Saturday morning, we packed 30,000 pounds of ready-to-cook meals with our church family for the Kids Coalition Against Hunger! Gotta love all those hair nets!





Luke and I went to a local Lego Brick Expo! Fun!





Mackinac Island's Grand Hotel! Amazing!


We stumbled upon an estate sale in our neighborhood, and I had to check it out. It just so happens I am writing a story on estate sales for the magazine next month!

I had to buy this painting for $12. It spoke to me.




 I think it reminded me of the covered bridge next to my childhood home.


It looked like the kind of painting that Erin Napier from HGTV's Home Town would hang in one of their houses. She likes to use vintage things that tell a story, and so do I.

We visited family, grilled shish kabobs, watched movies, walked the dog. Over all, a nice weekend.

Looks like we could see a return of winter weather this week. The singing birds are telling me that spring is coming. I'm going to keep on believing them.

Blessings, cafe friends!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun weekend! Lots of varied activities to keep you interested.

    ReplyDelete