Thursday, February 20, 2020

Lawn Fawn Mini Notebooks (at a mini price!)


I am a big fan of pen and paper. And for this reason, I LOVE mini notebooks. I always keep one in my purse, as I find that it is so much faster for me to write something down than it is to make a note on my iphone.

It seems that invariably, I am out and about in town when I run in to someone I know. In the course of a conversation, I often think "This would make a great story!" I grab a mini notebook, scribble a few notes and dates, or phone numbers and emails for future use, and I am good to go.

Lawn Fawn has been selling some super cute mini notebooks with their releases. They feature their cute papers, along with some images on each lined page. But at $6 for a two pack, they seem a little pricey.


I was at Walmart today, perusing through their small scrapbook aisle, when I came across these mini notepads from Hampton Art. A three pack of these minis (same size as the Lawn Fawn product) was only $1.24. That's a big savings!

Some of the covers were cute (I like the flamingos!), but some were just "meh". I am not a fan of mermaids, so this one seemed like a good candidate for a makeover.


I took some of the Lawn Fawn Spring Fling papers and cut them to size for a front and back. Then I made a little "spine" out of coordinating paper. I used my trusty Mono Multi glue to attach. I added a stitched label, stamped the "bonjour" (Gleeful Gardens) , and added a flower and leaves (Fab Flowers). And voila! A Lawn Fawn mini notebook at a mini price!


This fun size makes a great gift, and it fits in an envelope for easy mailing, too!

I think I will try a few more covers...maybe coffee themed?

Thanks for visiting the cafe today!

4 comments:

  1. These are so cute, what a great idea! I have a few notebooks that were giveaways that I could do this with. It’s also fun to see how cute you stamped Fab Flowers, that is such a cute set and I need to use it more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a good shopper and are blessed with a creative mind, too. A great combination!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific adaptation! Great gift idea too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The makeover is much prettier than the mermaid!

    ReplyDelete