Monday, February 10, 2020

A Finished Bookmark


I did it! I took a UFO project and turned it into a Finished Object project! Yay for me!

I started this Prairie Schooler cross stitch bookmark six years ago, and put it away. I picked it up again last month and decided that it was time to get back to it.


After stitching, I trimmed the excess linen, pressed it, and then adhered it to some of Papertrey Ink's  wool felt in Classic Kraft with some DMC and a running stitch. I frayed the edges of the linen a bit, and now it's complete. Simple.


I think this looks like the sort of bookmark that Elizabeth Bennett might have kept in one of her own beloved books.



I'm moving on to another project, hoping to get it finished in time for Valentine's Day this Friday. We'll see about that.

Happy Monday, cafe friends!

2 comments:

  1. Your bookmark is lovely. The book looks interesting, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished the book this week, Susie. It was really well done! It continues the story of Charlotte Lucas from Pride and Prejudice. The author is a fellow Michigander, and this was her first novel.

      Delete