Sunday, March 29, 2020

COVID-19 Plan B: Virtual Stamp Camp


I am sad, really really sad. This was supposed to be Stamp Camp weekend with my craft friends. The ladies had been planning for months. They found a beautiful new retreat center in historic Marshall, Michigan. Beautiful! Brand new houses made just for crafters, with tables and OTT lites and die cutting machines at the ready. And did I mention that each floor had its own Keurig coffee station? It was going to be AWESOME!

Of course, those plans had to be canceled in the wake of the Coronavirus and social distancing. The owner has transferred our payments to next fall, which is very generous and sweet of her.

A lot of us are now having our virtual stamp camps from home, hunkering down in our craft rooms and making cards. It's not nearly as much fun as when we do it together. But still, we need the cards, so it's good to have this distraction.



I made this fun interactive card with Concord and 9th's Mail Drop stamps and dies. Open the mailbox door, and you can see the message!


Fun!

{Today's Brew: Concord and 9th Mail Drop stamps and dies, Lawn Fawn grassy border die, Taylored Exprerssions sunshine embossing folder, PTI card stock}


I will be sending a lot of paper hugs this week!

Did you make it to virtual church today? We have a video to watch as a family later, complete with hymns and prayers.

Blessings on your Sunday, cafe friends!

4 comments:

  1. I feel your pain. My friend and I were going to be at Scrapbook Expo next week. Since we rarely see each other in person, we were spending the night in a nearby hotel to have time to catch up. Of course that isn't happening now. Sigh. BUT, we will do it the next time SE is in town!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Susie! The expos! I forgot all about those. I hear many of them are having "virtual" expos, too. Hope you can reconnect with your friend soon!

      Delete
  2. Such pretty cards! I made it to church as well. Our church switched to online services pretty quickly. It’s nice, but I will never take worship in a church building for granted ever again, not that I did, but I am grateful for corporate worship.

    Sorry to hear that you had to cancel your weekend, hopefully you can reschedule.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, Chris! There will be many tears when we can all meet again for worship!

      Delete