Wednesday, April 1, 2020

COVID-19 Plan: Spread Good Cheer


During this time of social distancing and isolation, it does my heart good to see neighborhoods coming together to find creative ways to stay positive and lift each other's spirits.

In our neighborhood, we are encouraging residents to put images in the front windows for the children to find as they are out on their family walks. The images change themes...animals, encouraging words, jokes.

This weekend, it was flowers.

I put a little spring garden in the front window. I think Jemma likes it!


Neighbors have also been writing sweet messages on their sidewalks.


One of my neighbors (and fellow church members) put up this sign.


Last week, we were told to put up encouraging words. I used the words from the Fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22).


I paired them with a little fruit...some strawberries from Concord and 9th!

 
I have heard that some neighborhoods are having Teddy Bear hunts (placing teddy bears in windows), too. Just fun ways to tell your neighbors "We're all in this together."


Blessings, cafe friends!

2 comments:

  1. What a delightful thing to do to keep people's spirits up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your flowers in the window with Jemma peeking out!

    ReplyDelete