Thursday, June 4, 2020

Garden Inspired


Good morning, cafe friends!

I've been busy in the garden these past few weeks...my garden, my mom's garden, my son in Indiana's garden. It's that time when there is a window of opportunity to get seeds sown and veggies planted and perennials established before summer's heat comes.

I made a card this morning inspired by my new annuals.

I ordered this stamp set from Concord and 9th when it was released last month, but haven't played with it until now. This is going to be a well-loved set, for sure! So easy to use!

{Today's Brew: Wildflower Fields stamp set (Concord and 9th), PTI inks and card stock}

 
I'm opting for a different color scheme in the garden this season...more peaches and oranges mixed with purples and blues. This color palette always makes a great segue from summer to autumn.


I found these sweet petunias at Walmart and loved the different colors and variations!




I like to put a few herbs in pots on my deck...easy to grab when I am cooking dinner!


My lettuce and spinach bowls are growing nicely! I also created a "Salsa Pot" by combining a tomato plant with a pepper plant and some parsley.



I am sending this card to the assisted living center where my Mom-in-Law is a resident. It's been a tough few months for them under quarantine, but we are so grateful for the care that they have given to the residents during these difficult days.

Blessings, cafe friends!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers, beautiful card! That stamp set is a good match for your flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that stamp set caught my eye too! Still on my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your patio is so pretty and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete