Monday, June 1, 2020

Moose Tracks Cookies


Happy Monday, cafe friends!

Last week was all about coffee creations, so it only seemed natural to serve up something to go with that latte this morning.

I have been experimenting with cake mix cookies lately. Sometimes, you just need a cookie that comes together quickly without a lot of fuss.

When I was telling Sam about the ingredients for a new cookie I wanted to try, he said "It sounds like Moose Tracks ice cream in a cookie form." Great description!


This recipe uses a chocolate cake mix, Reese's peanut butter chips, eggs, chopped walnuts, and oil. I've been using Smart Balance blend for my baking.


Moose Tracks cookies:

1 chocolate cake mix
2 eggs
1/2 c. Smart Balance blend oil
1 cup Reese's peanut butter chips
1/2 c. chopped walnuts.

Mix cake mix, eggs and oil until well blended. Gently add peanut butter chips and walnuts. Refrigerate for one hour. Preheat oven to 350 and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Roll dough into one inch balls using a tablespoon. Bake 10-12 minutes. Cool on cookie sheet for two minutes, then transfer to a wire rack or flat surface to cool.


Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. I'll have to try these. Moose Tracks is my husband's favorite ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look delicious- I bet my son and husband would love those! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Thank you for the recipe. I've used Trader Joe's brownie mix for chocolate mint cookies. I made an angel food cake mix moistened only with a 20 oz can of crushed pineapple this weekend. It was yummy with fresh strawberries and cream.

    ReplyDelete