Monday, June 8, 2020

Hope and Encouragement


Happy Monday, cafe friends! I hope you had a pleasant weekend.

One of my online forum friends was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. During all the COVID craziness, she had to have all kinds of tests and procedures done alone, with no friend or family allowed to accompany her. Scary stuff!

I wanted to make her a little something to let her know I'm keeping her in my thoughts and prayers.


I made her some Pink Hope ribbon earrings using Taylored Expressions Designer Dangles and some charms from Joann's.


I also sewed her this port pillow, which will help cushion her chemotherapy port when she's driving in the car and rubs up against the seat belt.


This Hope stamp set from Concord and 9th seemed like a good option to match all this pink!


Hope your week is lovely!

4 comments:

  1. A very thoughtful and beautiful gift of support. One of my mom's friends dropped her close friendship in 1976 after my mom's mastectomy. I think Georgia didn't know what to say. They both died from breast cancer within 6 months of each other in 1984-1985.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, that's sad, Vikki. I hope we've come a long way in talking about cancer since then.

      Delete
  2. Very thoughtful of you. She will appreciate this so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just think this is the perfect gift for this particular circumstance, and so very thoughtful of you!

    ReplyDelete