Sunday, June 14, 2020

Strawberries...Another Serving, with Dessert!

Strawberry season. What could be better? I made another strawberry card this week!


{Today's Brew: Sweet Strawberries stamps and dies (Concord and 9th), Woven stripes background stamp (Concord and 9th), MFT stitched swirl die, Distress Oxide inks, PTI card stock}


Here's a fast and easy take on Strawberry Shortcake. I swap the short cakes with a pound cake! I found this box mix at Aldi recently, and paired it with their strawberries that were on sale for $1! The box mix includes a powdered sugar glaze, but I omitted it this time.


I sliced the strawberries thin and put them in a bowl, adding a tablespoon of sugar and two or three tablespoons of water. It makes a simple syrup. Slice some pound cake, top with strawberries, and add a good dollop of whipped topping. Summer perfection!




Thanks for visiting the cafe today!

1 comment:

  1. Such a cute card! And that dessert looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete