Friday, July 24, 2020

When A Stamp Set DOESN'T Give You Lemons...


What do you do when you want a lemon stamp but you don't own a lemon stamp? Let me show you!


Last year, I bought this fun Concord and 9th stamp set on a buy/sell forum. Citrus is so popular, especially in the summer. I thought I could get a lot of mileage from this set! And while you can use it to make oranges, lemon and lime slices, and even watermelons, there is not a stamp that makes a full lemon.

But wait a second. What about that circle stamp?


I took the circle and attached it to the MISTI, then adjusted it just a bit to make it into a more elongated shape. That's one of the many benefits of clear stamps...they can be manipulated!

 
Ink it, stamp it, and voila! A lemon, ready to be painted!


I used my new Concord and 9th inks to do a little watercoloring. I usually stamp directly from an ink pad on to a clean acrylic block, and then use a little water and a watercolor brush to pick up the color. For my full size lemons, I did a light wash of Buttercup, and then went back with some Stardust to add some dotty texture. For the slices, I just used full Buttercup.

I also created a simple blue wash background using Aqua Sky.


{Today's Brew: Orange You Sweet (C and 9th), Petals and Palettes (C and 9th), Posie Fill in leaves and dies (C and 9th), C and 9th ink and card stock}


Thanks for visiting the cafe today!

1 comment:

  1. Good solution. I bought Betsy's Lemon set last year as I didn't have any citrus stamps. Your crate is the star of the show IMHO! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete