Saturday, August 8, 2020

MFT Summer School Day 4: Ombre

 

Welcome to the cafe!

Today's brew is bubbling over with fun!

I made this card for Day 4 of My Favorite Things Summer School lesson on ombre. This card is my favorite so far! There's something deceptively simple about it that makes it work. 

For starters, I like how the ombre effect worked on these bottle die cuts using Distress Oxides. Simple!

Second, that strip of white polka paper mimics fizzy bubbles, and the black and white is a good backdrop for all the colors.

Third, the detail of those teeny tiny bottle caps, along with one straw, really adds a little something.

This one just makes me happy!
{Today's Brew: MFT stamps and dies, Distress Oxide inks, PTI Bitty Big paper and card stock}

I've been using Recollections (from Joann's) heavy card stock for my base and stamping recently, and I really like it. The weight is comparable to Papertrey Ink, and for blending and stamping, it takes the ink well, too. I am super fussy when it comes to card stock, so this one has surprised me...in a good way!

Hope your day is soda-lightful! But I have to tell you...here in Michigan, it's called Pop, not Soda! ;)

Blessings, cafe friends!

2 comments:

  1. Your pop bottles remind me of the little wax bottles from long ago that had some kind of sweet liquid inside. Glad to hear that the Recollections cardstock is good again. I used to use it until they started to make it in China. Then it was grayish and rough. Totally awful.

    ReplyDelete