Tuesday, January 26, 2021

It's The Little Things

 


When it comes to refreshing a house, it's the little details that can make a big difference.

Take, for example, the new kitchen cabinet knobs and drawer pulls!


The house had a lot of whirly swirly southwestern-ish details when we moved in to it three and a half years ago. These drawer pulls always looked like dirty crumb catchers, and I disliked them from day one.


When we had the new appliances delivered (well, at least half of them have gotten delivered!), I knew I wanted the knobs to match the brushed silver handles.




And it looks so much better! We picked these knobs and pulls at Menard's this weekend, and they were a great price, too.



These vintage style cup pulls have such a great, substantial feel when you grab them.


I love how the knobs and pulls also pick up the same brushed silver from the toaster, the vintage juicer, and the Kitchenaid stand mixer. Like I said, it's the little things!


Today's cookie: Skinnytaste Oatmeal and Chocolate Chip! Don't tell my family, but I altered the recipe slightly by using Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free 1-1 flour, and Enjoy Life dairy free chocolate chips. Delicious! This healthy cookie uses applesauce to make it moist and chewy.


I am paying Sam in cookies to shovel the sidewalk and driveway today! At least he has a Yeti helper!

Thanks for visiting the café today!








1 comment:

  1. Those drawer pulls are very nice. They make for a good refresh. Hope the rest of your appliances will arrive soon.

    ReplyDelete