Monday, January 25, 2021

For A Father's Daughter

 


Our church secretary's father passed away just before Christmas, and I needed a sympathy card for the occasion.

I only knew her Dad, Jack, very briefly from a few bible studies we'd attended together. After getting to know this sweet man, I learned how much he had in common with my own father. Both named Jack. Both were born one week apart. Both of them joined the Air Force. Both of them served in England. They even drove the same cars when they lived in England! (A Morris Minor convertible).

Whenever I talked with Jack, it made me homesick for my own Dad.


{Today's Brew: Brushed Blossom stamp set (Concord and 9th), C and 9th inks, PTI card stock and Bitty Big paper}


Sympathy cards are hard to make. Do you create them to reflect the loved one that has died, or do you make them to reflect the person you are sending it to? Any thoughts?

I suppose it is the thought that counts...and just getting the card signed and in the mail will be a start!





1 comment:

  1. I make sympathy cards ahead of time so they aren't a reflection of either. Almost 16 years ago I was on the receiving end of sympathy cards and it is what's written inside those cards that matters most to me. Knowing this, while I do love to send handmade cards, I focus more on what I'm writing inside such a card.

    ReplyDelete