Sunday, January 24, 2021

Winning The Longaberger Lottery


You may have read the news that someone in Michigan won the Powerball Lottery worth $1 Billion Dollars! Well, guess what?

It wasn't me.

😄

The winning ticket was sold at a Kroger grocery store just over an hour from us, though. How exciting! I guess my idea to start the Mary Rose Foundation for Crafty Boys and Girls will have to wait for another day. LOL!

I did, however, win the lottery on Friday...the Longaberger Lottery!

My son, Luke, was in town and we were running some errands. I had some bags to drop off at our local resale shop, and we decided to go in and browse. 

I had just walked in to housewares when I spotted them...two Longaberger dessert bowls and a butter dish!


Here's the thing. They were even in the COLOR I wanted and needed!

And the price? The bowls were $2.50 each, and the butter dish was $5. SCORE!



I have owned these dessert bowls for years, and I have them in cornflower blue, sage green, butternut yellow...but not the paprika. And whenever I'd find them online, the bowls would sell for two for $30. So to find them, and at such a great price, felt like a little blessing meant just for me.


We use these bowls for everything! They are the perfect size for salsa, hummus, ice cream, mixed nuts. 


I have the hutch filled with white ironstone and Paprika Red Longaberger pottery, with a few pieces of red transferware, too. A cheerful combination that works well for the days leading up to Valentines.


It's not a billion dollars, but I surely feel blessed!



I hope you feel blessed today, too!




 

4 comments:

  1. I agree with Susie - it is the little things! My husband and I were talking about that $1 billion lottery and came to the conclusion we actually would not want to win that much money. Sure, one could do a lot of good with it, but nothing's stopping us from doing good right now, in a million smaller, more personal ways. And, really, the little unexpected surprise blessings like you had are far sweeter and more precious, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete