Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Simple Stories Card Kits

 


Hello, café friends!

I am back from a weekend stamp camp with lots of fun cards to show you in the days ahead!

This time, I was only able to go for three days, so I kept my supplies to a minimum and tried to do a lot of prep work ahead of time. I packed projects for myself and projects for my mom, and we had a fun time creating while trying to keep things simple.

Today's cards are a great example. I purchased the Simple Stories Bunnies and Blooms card kit on a whim (A Cherry On Top) and they arrived the day before I left. Perfect timing!

Mom and I really liked these kits. All the elements are there...papers, card stock, chipboard elements. The kits even come with the "recipes"...so easy to follow!


We thought these made cute cards for spring and Easter!




Each kit makes eight cards. I think I spent less than $10 on the kit. Not a bad price for everything that comes with it!

Sometimes, you can look at a kit and say "I can do all of that with the stamps and papers and supplies I already have."

Yes, you can. But will you? And what if you don't really need the images in stamp form for years to come but just want to craft with them now? Kits are a great alternative. 

I think I may purchase a few kits for my mom to have on hand. It would be so much easier for her to pull out her adhesive and assemble at her kitchen table.

There are times when we want to create and be artistic, and there are times when simple seems best.

Thanks for visiting the café today!









2 comments:

  1. Such pretty, cheerful cards! I thought Simple Stories only made products for scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't these fun, Susie? They have several card kits still available at A Cherry On Top in different collections the last time I checked.

      Delete