Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Summer Vibes

 


I made two summertime slim line cards recently using Catherine Pooler products. There was such a great clearance sale at Scrapbook.com this summer, and I added a lot to my collection! Of course, since then I've had to thin out my collection and pare down a bit. Trying to keep a balance is so hard!


I sent this one to a friend who is a big flamingo lover!


And here's another variation.

{Today's Brew: Summer Lovin' stamps and dies(CP), Good Times stamps (CP), CP essentials slim line dies, CP sequins and papers, CP inks}


Here's a funny story! Our little town of Saline has been making the news recently because this bird, the roseate spoonbill, decided to leave its hot and humid southern climes and fly all the way to Michigan for a little vacay. I can't blame him. Michigan weather is pretty awesome in the summertime!

Birders from miles away came flocking to our town, stopping traffic and causing a pile up as they took photos with their fancy cameras. Later, the bird moved from one swampy pond to another, and the birders followed. 

I haven't heard reports on him lately. Maybe he's hiding. 

Hope your summer is filled with fun and interesting sightings, too!








7 comments:

  1. Love your cards. So summery and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a gorgeous bird! Your cards are lovely, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to add that a mile from our home a community of great blue herons have nests in the trees. They first arrived about 10 years ago and return every year. We have to be careful when rounding the bend by the trees because there's usually a car parked there with birders taking photos of them. There are SO many nests - it is quite a site! Often, I'll see a couple in the creek by my home when I go for morning runs and walks.

      Delete
    2. How cool! Love those big birds!

      Delete
  3. We saw a flock of 500 of these lift off in Texas 20 years ago, a cloud of pink. Jim said that he saw the news of your rarity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That must've been quite a sight! I saw one in Florida this spring!

      Delete