Thursday, September 23, 2021

Playing with Birds

 


Hello, friends! How is your week? I've been getting some work done around the house. My first project was to dig out all the crab grass that was taking over my front lawn, mow, and then patch everything up with a Scott's grass patch mix. I got it all spread at the right time, too, because we've had cool temps and plenty of rain this week. Keeping fingers crossed that this does the trick! I am pretty good at growing flowers and plants, but I stink at growing grass.

My next task was to de-clutter the house. When you downsize to a smaller space, you have to stay on top of this. Everything has to have a place, and it's got to be put away. Well...I had let piles of stuff accumulate everywhere. Books, magazines, unread mail (mostly Sam's "we want you!" college mail!), craft projects, church papers. It had gotten way out of hand. Yesterday was all about recycling, sorting, putting books on shelves, filing papers. And when that was done, I gave everything a good dusting and thorough vacuuming. I brought out a few autumnal blankets and pillows and just made the house look restful. Both of the guys in the house made comments on how nice it looked last night, so mission accomplished!

When I had a minute, I snuck down to the craft studio for a little creative time. I got some new products from Catherine Pooler's recent release and wanted to give them a try.


CP has some really nice new notecard dies to help in making smaller 3 1/2 by 5 inch cards. I pulled out the CP stamp and die set Feathered Friends and had some fun water coloring with CP inks.


I like how this little guy turned out! I painted him in muted colors to make him look like a tufted titmouse. Isn't that stitched frame cute?

I will use the other elements to make a few more cards later today. This chilly, drizzly weather just beckons me. It says "Make a latte and go have fun with your paper crafting toys!"

Blessings!





2 comments:

  1. Very cute cards! I like that smaller size. I have some layering dies from wplus9 where the largest one is that size. I love getting the 4-bar colored envelopes from Paper Source.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that clutter is an ongoing problem! Love those little birds! I've never made a 3.5" X 5" card. I didn't know that there were dies for that size. A new mini slimline?

    ReplyDelete