Friday, September 24, 2021

Thoughts on Home Decor

 


It's that time of year when stores like Hobby Lobby roll out all of their pretty autumnal things. It is all so cute and ever so tempting (who doesn't want a "Pumpkin Spice Season!" pillow, am I right?). But I find that I purchase less and less of that kind of stuff these days.

Maybe it has something to do with downsizing. 

If I don't buy it, then I won't have to find a place to store it later.

I love pumpkins, and I have plenty of them that I've collected over the years. Velvety pumpkins, wooden carved pumpkins, ceramic pumpkins. Chances are, if they are selling it in the stores, I have something very similar that I can use. And really, at this point I would rather purchase a real pumpkin that I can throw out to the squirrels when the season is over.


Sometimes, I find just the right thing to fill a spot. Take, for example, this little sign. My wall on the front porch needed a little focal point, and this sign seemed to do just that. The best part? I found it at my local resale shop for $1. It looked brand new, just missing the ribbon hanger. I pulled out some black gingham ribbon to go with the checked pillow on the porch, and it worked like a charm.




Give Thanks!

Jemma approves this message!

1 comment:

  1. You are so creative! I love how you find bargain decor items, and make them your own.

    ReplyDelete