Thursday, October 21, 2021

Getting Prepared

 


We've had an unseasonably warm October this year. The trees are at least one or two weeks behind in their autumn color, and everything is still growing and blooming and looking pretty.

I am enjoying it, but I also know it won't last for long.

I've been doing a little "before the weather gets cold and the holidays are here" planning and preparation this week.


When I have time, I pop in to my craft room and work on assembling Christmas cards. And if I have a chance to sit down, I grab a holiday stitching project.


One big job that I had been putting off...cleaning carpets! I took all the rugs outdoors, put them on the driveway on a nice sunny day, and cleaned them with my Bissell carpet cleaner and left them out to dry.  

In the living room, I started by cleaning the furry disgusting ceiling fan, washing all of the IKEA slipcovers, and then cleaning the carpet. I did this in the morning, and they were dry by dinner time. Nice! It smells fresh and clean now.


Next project: launder my winter coats, vests, sweater fleece jackets, hats, gloves and scarves. I cleaned up the coat closet and came up with a better system for storing our winter wear accessories.



I organized them into bins and put them here in the storage bench. Much better than the jumbled mess at the bottom of the closet!


I've also been doing a lot of planning for the holiday season at church. Before I know it, the Thanksgiving pie social will be here, immediately followed by Advent. Lots to do! It's exhausting!

Jemma has the right idea. Can't we just take a nap?

Blessings, café friends!


1 comment:

  1. You've been busy, and you sure have accomplished a lot! I love the cute stitching projects you do. ❤

    ReplyDelete