Thursday, October 7, 2021

In The Garden

 


The garden is looking lovely right now, decked out in all the shades of autumn.

The biggest news to report is that I have been successful in improving the front lawn! Last month, I noticed that crab grass had taken over (a condition that will happen in a dry, hot spell), and that the yard really needed de-thatching in a lot of spots. I spent a LOT of time raking and digging. And then, I applied grass seed and watered.

We had to leave the lawn for about two or three weeks to let the new grass establish, but yesterday we were finally able to mow. It looks so much better! 

The timing could not have been better. Not only did we have nice, mild temperatures, but we've also had plenty of rain. 

I still have patches that I need to work on (no thanks to Jemma!), but I am so happy with the progress!
















I saw a walker stop and take a photo of the garden the other day. It does look so pretty covered in all of these golden Linden leaves!


Uh oh! Looks like someone has been nibbling on my pumpkin!

We are having a nice, slow autumn this year...my favorite kind! The temps have been mild, the trees are slowly turning, and the flowers are keeping their color.

Enjoy the season!

1 comment: