Friday, October 8, 2021

A Stuffed and Stitched Squash

 


Nothing says "autumn" like squash! I found some acorn squash at Aldi recently, and couldn't pass them up!

I came up with this stuffed acorn squash recipe, and my husband and I really enjoyed it!


Stuffed Acorn Squash

2 Acorn squash
olive oil, freshly ground pepper and kosher salt
1 lb. ground turkey
1 small red onion, chopped
1 c. wild rice, cooked according to directions
1/3 c. pure maple syrup
1/2 c. dried cranberries
1 -2 T. brown sugar
1-2 T. butter

Preheat oven to 375. Cut two acorn squash in half, scoop out seeds and pulp. Lightly coat inside with olive oil, salt and pepper(or skip pepper and add a sprinkling of brown sugar!) . Bake on cookie sheet for 45 minutes to an hour.

Next, brown turkey with red onion. In a bowl, combine turkey mix with rice, cranberries, maple syrup. Stuff squash with mixture and top each one with a sprinkling of brown sugar and a few thin pats of butter. Place back in oven and heat for fifteen minutes. Serve and enjoy! Makes four halves.


Mmm! So good! Tastes like fall!

I've been stitching some fall squares to put up in my rectangular frame. This Farm Girl Fall sampler from Lori Holt can be stitched into one big piece to use as a pillow front, but I decided to just stitch four squares.


I will mount these on backer boards, trim them out, and put them on the frame this weekend. Stay tuned! (I may just stitch that turkey to have on hand next month! So cute!)


Friday blessings, café friends!

1 comment:

  1. Your acorn squash dish looks good. I've never had it, but I may give it a try.

    ReplyDelete