Monday, November 22, 2021

She fought the fight, she kept the faith, she finished the race




My big sister, Tina, went home to the Lord on Saturday.

She told us frequently that she did not want anyone to say "She lost her battle to cancer" when she was gone. 

So instead, I will say the words from St. Paul: She fought the fight, she kept the faith, she finished the race.


My big sister was my best friend. When I had exciting news, she was the first person I wanted to tell.

There will be a big hole in our lives without her.


I praise God for the wonderful times we had together! Celebrating anniversaries, trips to Disney, sisters night out. So many happy memories!


This magnet on her refrigerator really speaks to her spirit! It says "The world is full of people who will go their whole lives and not actually live one day. She did not intend on being one of them."

Today, I am praising God for my beautiful sister and the impact her life had on so many who knew her.






3 comments:

  1. Very well said. I'm so sorry for your loss. Tina sounds like a very special person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saying prayers for you, Mary Rose. My heart hurts for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so very sorry. I know a number of people grieving a loved one's passing due to cancer right now and my heart hurts for their pain. Again, I am very sorry.

    ReplyDelete