Wednesday, November 24, 2021

A busy season

 


Life, like my craft room, can be messy at times. Things don't always happen in neat, organized ways, no matter how much we plan and organize.

In the midst of grief and visitations and funeral arrangements, I am still organizing a women's event for Advent this Sunday.

Thus far, I think I have most of it under control. And God bless the women at church who heard about my sister's passing and graciously offered their help.

It will all get done. The Lord will give me strength!


This is the craft project I have organized for the ladies to make. These wood slice ornaments are popular right now, and I thought they might enjoy making one themselves.


But I worried that the paint would not dry in time, so I painted the slices myself. Around 75-80. It took hours!


And then there was the punching and die cutting...


...and all those little words of Hope? They did not want to come out of the die very easily.

I hope that the women appreciate the effort.

This event has taken at least six weeks of planning. Ordering, shopping, scheduling, baking, crafting. It has been a big job, but I consider this my gift to the ladies of the congregation.

Pray for me this weekend!

I hope you have a blessed holiday with family and friends, love and laughter, and thankful hearts.









1 comment:

  1. What a blessing you are to your church family. The ladies will love everything you have planned.

    ReplyDelete