Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Thoughts on a Tuesday (that feels like a Monday)

 


7:30 a.m., and I already had my first cry of the day.

It's going to be a strange holiday this year.

I found this photo on my phone last night. 2016. We were still living in the Chicago burbs, and Tina and her husband came to visit. We met them downtown at the Christkindl market. Such a fun day!

A lot of my fun days were spent with my sister, Tina.


The past two days have been a whirlwind. It was a really special time of catching up with loved ones, sharing memories and more than a few tears.


Oh yeah. This happened over the weekend, too.


Bear with me as I catch my breath. I am feeling a little unmoored and set adrift. 

I have intentionally cleared my calendar of obligations and schedules for December. I need this time to just feel. To look for the beauty in the every day. To keep my loved ones close at hand. To remember what a gift this precious life is.

All good things leading up to the gift of Christmas.

2 comments:

  1. Another well said piece. Sending you love and virtual hugs. May peace surround you as you take time to feel.❤

    ReplyDelete