Sunday, December 5, 2021

Simple for the win

 


Hello, café friends!

I wanted to share with you a card I helped my Mom make yesterday.

As you can imagine, it has been a hard time for my sweet Mom. I've been pampering her with lots of love and attention these many months, as I know she needs it.

Yesterday, I decided to make her some lunch (Mexican couscous!) and bring along some supplies to help her make Christmas cards. Mom has a lot of stampy friends who send each other cards all year long. It's the same fun group of ladies that we go to stamp camp with each year.

I knew that Mom would need an easy-to-assemble card that would not require a ton of creativity or assembly. It's hard enough to slog through the days of mourning, and I wanted something that would cheer her up just a bit.

I decided to make a bunch of embossed musical score panels and cut out a dozen wise men silhouettes. Black and white. Easy peasy.

Mom LOVED this card! And we had fun assembling it together, too. She adhered the panel to a white card base, then popped out the wise men with some foam dimensionals. Sentiment stamped inside...done.


A perfect sentiment to go with the images, too.

{Today's Brew: Musical score embossing folder (Taylored Expressions), Handlettered Hymns Holiday (TE), wise men and star die cuts (TE), star twinkle }



I will need to start mailing my Christmas cards this week. How is your holiday crafting coming along?

Blessings on your day, café friend!

1 comment:

  1. Perfect! Both the card and the get together. You're such a good daughter!

    ReplyDelete