Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Cards DO Make a Difference!

 


I have received some lovely sympathy cards from friends since my sister's passing last month. Online friends, stamp friends, church friends, all sharing sweet thoughts that really did offer balm for this weary soul. I was especially touched by the handmade cards from forum friends. Though we have never met in person, we share a lot of our lives together online. They are amazingly talented, and I am so thankful for the friendships we have developed over the years.


Papercrafters. this is for you! If you've ever wondered. Those handmade cards that you put a postage stamp on and mail off on a weekly basis? Do they even make a difference? I am here to tell you that they do! It's such a sweet and simple reminder that someone out there is thinking of you.

We need more of that kind of connection in this world today.

2 comments:

  1. And you get to read them over and over, any time you need comfort. My husband and I lost a daughter 17 years ago and the sympathy cards we received still warm my soul. You are right when the cards and the written words matter and they provide the connections we need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How sad, Nicole. So sorry for your loss! And yes, they are a treasure to re-read, for sure.

      Delete