Thursday, August 11, 2022

Cover Plates Three Ways, Day One

 


Cover plates are a fun way to add some interest to a card front. I was really excited to get this new Criss Cross Applesauce cover plate from the new Catherine Pooler release! Other companies have released similar plaid-type cover plates, but I had never purchased one...until now! And that's surprising because I am a lover of all things plaid!

I thought I'd show three ways to use cover plates this week. First up, straight up! I used it to cover the card, as intended. But first, I made a background on the card front by blending ink and using Prima metallic watercolors to splatter.


And this is where I ask the question: Buttercream, where have you been my whole life? This color is yummy!



A few sequins, a tag with metallic copper twine, and those adorable leaves paired with a lovely sentiment. Fast and fun and ready for fall!

Tomorrow's card: stenciling!





No comments:

Post a Comment