Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Organizing the Clutter When You've Lost Your Mojo

 


So it seems I've lost my crafting mojo recently. A number of factors led to my lack of inspiration. Nursing a sick kid back to health, articles and deadlines, and just a house that needed some serious de-cluttering.

I got busy cleaning out closets and drawers and desktops. Then, because it couldn't be avoided any longer, I had to clean the craft room.


It had gotten so bad that I couldn't find a clean flat surface to stamp on!

So yesterday, I got brutal. I went through shelves and cubbies and secret hidey holes, sorting and purging and organizing and tossing.


I found a few things along the way, too. Like these pockets that can be stored in a three ring binder. They were the perfect size for my Catherine Pooler stencils.


I've been storing my Catherine Pooler background stamps in these mini binders from Crafters Companion. I ordered a few more at a great sale price recently. When I get a chance, I am going to make a side label that will let me know what stamps are stored in each.


I found a good spot for my baker's twine!


I like to keep my CP papers nearby.


And I even organized my CP dies. I keep these by the Big Shot.


I like to pull out a few seasonal stamps and have them handy at my craft table, just as a reminder to use them during autumn!


Finally, I found another great use for my Canvo journal! I am using this to make an inventory of certain items so that I know what I have!




I made a list of stencils, a list of word dies, a list of patterned papers, a list of sequin mixes, a list of background stamps. I think this will be a good reference!

I'm feeling much better now that things are cleaned up, and I am hoping to get to some card making soon.

In the meantime, I am also going through a big stash of cards that never found homes, and I am going to look in to donating some of these to Scrapbook.com and their Cards for a Cause.

I have a fair amount of stamps and dies that need to find new homes soon, too. 


That's been my week. Hope yours is going well, too!

1 comment:

  1. You're my hero! Haha! I have plans for reorganizing. I even have a new shelving unit, still in the box. I don't work as quickly as you do. I'm going to get back to Christmas cards soon, so I don't want to tackle the job before they're completed. Time seems to fly in the weeks before Christmas so it's very likely that this will be a January project.

    ReplyDelete