Saturday, April 1, 2023

Easter Candy

 


I decided to make some Easter chocolates this year. I have had these sweet candy molds from Longaberger for years, but I haven't used them in a long time. I'm not sure what inspired me. I think I just needed a fun "domestic" project after a month of intensive writing.



I purchased some melting chocolates from Wilton. 



Two minutes in the microwave, and quick stir, and the chocolate is ready to pour into the molds. After the molds were filled, I tapped the filled sheet gently a few times on the kitchen counter to even out the surface of the chocolate. Then I popped the sheet into the freezer for about 30 minutes. I took them out, turned the tray over onto parchment paper, gave it a good whack, and they all came out perfectly.

I'm going to make a few more flavors and colors. I think I will bring some to church for our Easter breakfast, and have some at home for our guests at Easter dinner.

By the way, I found half of my chocolates at Meijer, and the other half at Walmart. Lots of candy making supplies at both.

Heading in to Holy Week tomorrow with Palm Sunday! (And I'm still trying to get cards finished and mailed!)







1 comment:

  1. How fun! I've never seen the flavored melting chocolate. I used to do this, but haven't in a long time. I molded butter one year just to be fancy. 😄

    ReplyDelete