Saturday, June 3, 2023

Our First CSA Farm Delivery

 


Our first order from the CSA Farm came yesterday!  WOW! I had no idea those heads of greens would be so huge!

I told my husband we will be having salads for breakfast, lunch and dinner every day this week!


The farm said that a lot of customers leave a cooler on their front porch, just in case you are not home at the time of delivery.


It worked just fine.

Last night, we had grilled Michigan asparagus with salmon and Portobello mushrooms. Yum!

I think I will be fixing some kind of kale and asparagus quiche tomorrow.

I spoke with one of the farm family members at church and asked her this:

Is it better to handpick what items I want delivered, or should I choose Farmer's Pick and let you decide?

She had some good advice.

In the early season, when the crops are limited, pick what you want. They do offer non-produce items like popcorn, jarred preserves, breads from a local bakery, and meats from a local butcher.

By mid-summer, when the crops are plentiful, she recommended Farmer's Pick. She said we will get lots of things we might not normally try, like kohlrabi or beets. She said the weekly newsletter also comes with recipes to try. Great plan!

1 comment:

  1. That is some good eatin’ right there! And home delivery to boot….you will be spoiled forever for grocery stores. I always found the farmers’ picks to be fun. The anticipation added to the experience and we tried so many ways of eating many vegetables. Please share what you make! I would so enjoy that!!

    ReplyDelete