Tuesday, March 26, 2024

I Am Not Enough


I am not enough. I am not good. And I know this is not the message of the world.

The world gives us cute slogans meant to boost our egos and make us feel better about our sinful selves. You keep doing you.

No. Me is ugly. Me is a prisoner to my selfishness.

I recently heard a clip from a famous actress who is being treated for cancer. In this clip, she said that she's not afraid to die because she knows she's going to heaven. Why? Because, in her words, she's a good person.

I told my husband when I heard it "That's the funny thing. I know I'm going to heaven because I know that I'm not a good person!"


I can never reconcile my sinful self in front of a holy and perfect God.

That is why I so desperately need Jesus! That is why I need a Savior.

Because of his righteousness, I am righteous. Because he died for my sins, I am set free from bondage. Because he rose from the grave, I too will have new life.

He was perfect because I am not. He was sinless because I am riddled with sin. He took it all for me and nailed it to the cross and said "It is finished."

Hallelujah!


I am not enough. But Jesus is. Praise God!

{Today's Brew: Third Day border die (Taylored Expression), TE sentiments, MFT sun stencil, CP scallop oval frame die, CP Daffodils in Bloom stamps and dies}

No comments:

Post a Comment