Monday, April 29, 2024

Frogs in the Garden

 


I put the frogs in the garden last week, and the funniest thing happened.


I was just about ready to brush this blob of dirt off the top of this frog's head when I looked a little closer.


That wasn't a blob of dirt!


A little toad had decided to perch on his buddy's head. 

Too precious!


Our dogwood is in full bloom, and the color changes each day....from a deep burgundy red to a coral and then to a pale blush.



I'm in the garden most days, weeding and raking up last autumn's leaves to make way for new seeds and plants. 

Hoping to make it to the garden center this week. I have a list of some new trees and shrubs for some spots that need attention in the yard.

Blessings on your Monday, café friends!

2 comments:

  1. That little toad is adorable!! How amusing that he chose a like companion.
    I'll never forget my girls' giggles when our window wells filled with water during one particularly stormy summer day and they watched a frog hop in and lazily swim around in the flooded window well. God knows how to entertain with His creation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so true, Nicole! And this week, God knew I really needed a reason to smile.

      Delete