Saturday, April 6, 2024

Outdoor Wall Art Idea

 


I was having coffee with my Mom and sisters yesterday, catching up on what we've been doing lately.

I told them how I've been cleaning and clearing out clutter from the house again, and I mentioned these paintings that have been in storage for more than 7 years that I was thinking of passing on to the resale shop.

"Have you thought of using them outside for wall art?" my sister, Jenny, asked.

No. But what a great idea!


I think this would look really cool on our back deck. I think the key is to spray it with something like Rustoleum's Never Wet. I plan on hanging it on a protected wall where it will be under the pergola's cover.

Have you seen this done? 

Something like this:



Our deck is going to get some TLC soon. We had it painted five years ago, but we have some wood rot that needs replacing, and some surfaces that need painting again. We also need to buy new floor rugs and a new canopy cover for our pergola structure.

We typically do not put the furniture and canopy out until the first week of May, when the weather is a bit nicer.

I'm looking forward to more time outside. In the meantime, I will bundle up and take a brisk walk in the sunshine. I think there's an estate sale in my neighborhood today that is on my route. Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment